.

.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Easy Refrigerator Pickles..........

Crispy, garlicky, a little sour and well, just right.  Easy is the name of the of this recipe.  The hardest thing about it is waiting the seven days to eat them.
  • 3 pounds pickling cucumber
  • 1 cup vinegar
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 tablespoons pickling salt
  • 6 garlic cloves, peeled (2 per jar)
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper per jar (3/4 teaspoons total)
  • 6   sprigs fresh dill
  • 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns per jar (1 1/2 teaspoons total)
  • 1 tbsp. pickling spices ( in each jar)

Wash the cucumbers with a vegetable brush
Slice the cucumbers into chips.
In a large saucepan, combine vinegar, water and salt. Bring to a boil.
Arrange jars on counter and dole out the spices to each.
Pack the cucumber slices firmly into the jars.
Pour the brine into the jar, leaving approximately ½ inch head space.
Apply lids and let the jars cool. When they've returned to room temperature, place jars in refrigerator. Let them sit for at least 7 days before eating.

13 comments:

  1. Pinned these! They are in our immediate future! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are one of my summertime favorites -- THANKS for reminding me that I need to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!! Thanks for sharing the recipe:) These will be perfect to snack on or to use on grilled burgers! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have one cup vinegar and one cup white vinegar. is this a typo or are you supposed to use 2 different types of vinegar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing the typo. The recipe calls for 2 cups of water and 1 cup of vinegar. Thanks again and sorry for any inconvenience. I hope you make these they are delicious.

      Delete
  5. Ohhhh, I've always wanted to make pickles! Your photograph is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look very good! With all the rain we have gotten from May and still getting our garden is not fairing well. We normally can a lot but............ Sure will miss it come winter. Hoping to get a few things out and try for a fall crop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan, I hope you are having a very nice summer. Your pickles look wonderful! I do love making pickles. I have never made them in the fridge. I bet the are so yummy.
    I need to make some.
    So nice to have a summer recipe from my favorite cook. :) Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, yum!!
    There are quite a few pickle lovers here, so I should give this recipe a try!
    Thanks for sharing it with us!
    This year, I'm growing my own dill... fresh is best, and I'm happy to have a recipe to use it in.

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh they look so fresh and yummy! We put a couple of cuke plants in very late. If they produce, I will try this recipe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with everyone else.... this picture makes my mouth water..... Oh this looks soooooo Good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...