.

.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Gluten and Dairy Free Blueberry Muffins.....

I found this recipe on my nephews wife's facebook.  It might be her original recipe though I haven't asked her.  She also added a few variations of the muffin recipe that I listed at at the bottom of this post.  I have to admit they were amazing.  Thank you Heather,  they were a huge hit at my house.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees( Makes 12) 
Ingredients:

3 cups almond flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/4 cup honey
3 Tbsp coconut oil (butter if not avail)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large mashed ripe banana
3/4 cup chopped walnuts (less to taste)
3/4 cup blueberries (less to taste)

Directions:

1. In one large bowl whisk dry ingredients (flour baking soda and salt)
2. In med bowl whisk eggs. Then whisk in honey, oil and vanilla. Stir in banana.
3. Add egg mixture to the flour and fold in walnuts and blueberries
4. Divide batter into 12 muffin cups lined with paper liners..
5. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy!

Try with other mixtures, dried cherries and pecans. Dark chocolate chips, raspberry, almonds, etc or leave out the blueberries and add another banana for banana muffins.


9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Susan! My husband has gone gluten free, and I am trying to find good tasting food. I will be trying this one for sure! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delicious and I'd like a bakers dozen please! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look and sound amazing! Will definitely have to try these with the few blueberries the birds have left us, haha. Thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... and I, too, have been trying to eat less gluten. These look wonderful, Susan !

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look wonderful! Sometimes gluten free flour mixtures have an odd texture/taste. Almond flour is yummy and is delicious in baked goods. Thanks for the recipe! Enjoy your day:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look delish, and the recipe sounds pretty easy and straight forward. I need to give them a try... it just so happens that I have fresh blueberries in the freezer.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this! Always on the look out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...