Kale salad with mango and pepitas is the epitome of healthy eating on a plate. Kale has 260% of vitamin A and 170% of vitamin C per serving. Vitamin and antioxidant rich mango as well as toasted pumpkin seeds add yet another healthy boost of goodness. I have made this salad several times and enjoy how all the textures and flavors blend together nicely The three minute massage seems to dissolve away all the bitterness in the kale. This delicious recipe is courtesy of food network.
- 1 bunch kale (black kale is especially good), stalks removed and discarded, leaves thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 mango, diced small (about 1 cup)
- Small handful toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds), about 2 rounded tablespoons
In large serving bowl, add the kale, half of lemon juice, a drizzle of oil and a little kosher salt. Massage until the kale starts to soften and wilt, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside while you make the dressing.
In a small bowl, whisk remaining lemon juice with the honey and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Stream in the 1/4 cup of oil while whisking until a dressing forms, and you like how it tastes.
Pour the dressing over the kale, and add the mango and pepitas. Toss and serve.