National Eggs Benedict Day will be celebrated on April 16th this year . In honor of this classic I decide to make this delicious breakfast dish for our supper tonight. Lightly toasted English muffins, Canadian bacon and poached eggs all topped off with a creamy smooth, buttery Hollandaise Sauce. From start to finish this dish is simple and quick. It is basically an assembled dish with the Hollandaise Sauce being the only thing that took a few minutes. I used Ina Garten's recipe for the creamy sauce and as usual her recipe did not let me down.
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 4 extra-large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pinches of cayenne pepper