.

.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Hedgehog Cookies......Gluten Free



You have to make these.  I got the recipe from my sister Mary who makes them for her daughters all the time.  Only five ingredients and your ready to make these little jewels.   I'm embarrassed to say I was a glutton for these gluten free cookies.  Here's the recipe courtesy of my sister and Taste of Home.
  Ingredients
  • 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped dates
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
  • 1 egg

Directions
  1. In a large bowl, combine the walnuts, dates and brown sugar.  Add 1/2 cup coconut and egg, mix well.  shape into 1 in. balls and roll in remaining coconut. (I used my food processor to chop everything individually and then mixed it all in a bowl.)  
  2. place on greased baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 13 minutes or until lightly brown.  Cool on wire racks.  makes about 1 1/2 dozens cookies.   Enjoy!

16 comments:

  1. I love recipes like this, they bake up as if by magic, no butter and no sugar? Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word, these are too easy and too glorious... how would you stop yourself popping these all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Susan, Lovely cookies, I will have to try these they sound so yummy. I like the name too. I have always wanted a hedgehog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easy and delicious! Perfect:) Looks so good! xxL

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sound pretty darn healthy! And tasty:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look delicious! I'd be afraid to have them around! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so good,but my husband can't have walnuts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok I'm going to make these on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look sooooo good! Your photographic images are fantastic, do you take the photos? What kind of camera/lenses do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the compliment. I take all the photos myself with the ordinary lens that came with my camera. I have a Fuji camera that is around 8 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They sound addicting! I have to buy some fresh coconut and try them-I have a feeling my grandson will love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, what lovely little bites! We make a cookie that's similar at Christmas time to include in the gift boxes for neighbors and friends ... so rich and delicious! Yours are much healthier than my recipe, as mine have a ton of butter too ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cookies are both adorable and delicious! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute. Hmm, I have a friend who loves hedgehogs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing wonderful information, it is really nice information.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These sound SO good! I love that there's not all that flour - will make these this weekend - fabulous!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...