You have to make these. I got the recipe from my sister Mary who makes them for her daughters all the time. Only five ingredients and your ready to make these little jewels. I'm embarrassed to say I was a glutton for these gluten free cookies. Here's the recipe courtesy of my sister and Taste of Home.
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dates
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, combine the walnuts, dates and brown sugar. Add 1/2 cup coconut and egg, mix well. shape into 1 in. balls and roll in remaining coconut. (I used my food processor to chop everything individually and then mixed it all in a bowl.)
- place on greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 13 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool on wire racks. makes about 1 1/2 dozens cookies. Enjoy!