.

.

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Simple Pleasures.......


My simple pleasures aren't always about food. I take great pleasure in the small treasures also. I think its the simple things in my life that make me the happiest. These faux blackberries were bought on a Saturday excursion with my sister.  I love how they look when the sun hits them as they sit on my kitchen window sill.
  • New colorful green canning jars. The pleasure is in deciding what to put up in them. I'm not very crafty person.  I don't do a lot of crafts or sewing but canning has given me an outlet to create something handmade
  • New stain free dish towels.
  •  Hand turned Vermont maple wood coffee spoon.  It measures a perfect scoop for a delicious cup of coffee.
  • Spending time with my dog.
  • Brand new white candles.

It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.

5 comments:

  1. One of my favorite quotes...it goes right along with the idea that life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. Green canning jars sound lovely...filled with cheery flowers for a centerpiece, just right for these summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Susan!
    What beautiful pictures you take! Summer is a wonderful time of year. I am so glad you sent me a note. I am happy to know that you have been busy with lots of good things.
    I have been canning pickles and today is spaghetti sauce. Lots of wonderful things. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those faux blackberries are beautiful! You may not be crafty, but you are an artist with food, decorating & photography.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...