.

.

Friday, March 25, 2016

Easter Spring Lamb......



I have always been a huge fan of lamb. I enjoy the preparation as well as the roasting lamb aroma filling my home It's definitely the garlic mixed with the earthy and robust smell of the lamb that keeps me hovering in the kitchen. Enjoy!.
Ingredients

1 (5-7 lb.) boneless leg of lamb
2 lemons, zest removed and lemons squeezed
1 tbsp dried oregano
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons pepper
1 whole garlic bulb peeled
1/4 cup Italian parsley
1/4 cup olive oil

Put lemon zest, juice from one lemon and all other ingredients ( except the lamb) into food processor. Process until it becomes a paste. Spread evenly all over the lamb. Squeeze the other lemon over top. Bake in pre-heated oven set at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Turn down oven to 325 degrees and finish baking for 1 1/2 hours or until a thermometer reaches 160 degrees for medium. Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my! Looking good here! I'm off to get my Easter lamb this afternoon from the local meat market. It's really the only time of year that I make lamb, although all these new cookbooks have more lamb curries and lamb stews in them, so perhaps more lamb will end up on my dinner table! Yours looks terrific ... my recipe also has an herb slather (butter, garlic, lime juice, cardamom, ...) that fills the house with this incredible aroma! Happy Easter !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely bit of lamb. I don't think there is anything that smells as good as a leg of lamb. I hope you have a lovely Easter Susan, it was so nice seeing a post. I have missed you and I hope all is well with you and your family.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear from you! That lamb sounds very good to me! Have a blessed Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo, that looks so yummy, my friend. I never cook lamb. Maybe I should. Mmmmm. Yum. Happy Easter to you and all your family. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post and so nice to see you here! That lamb looks amazing, next time we have lamb I'll try this. I bet it smells wonderful when its cooking.Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    Hope you had a good Easter!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a lam lover, but I think I would enjoy this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very helpful post, i really like reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great. It seems sooo deliciouse!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...