.

.

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Pear, Spinach and Gorgonzola with Pecans......


The pears have been looking exceptionally lovely these days at the store. I bought a bag and I decided to try something I had seen on.......can you guess.....PINTEREST.  I didn't check out the recipe but just looked at the photo and did my own thing.  I will definitely make this again but with arugula instead of the spinach.  The peppery taste of the arugula will be a nice compliment to the sweetness of the pear and the creamy tang of the Gorgonzola. Simply cut the pear in thirds, stuff in the spinach, cheese and pecans. I mixed a little honey with cranberry and pear white balsamic vinegar and poured it over the top.  Delicious!

8 comments:

  1. This looks so good. I would have to leave out the pecans since my husband can't eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty way to present a salad:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pear and gorgonzola... such a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delicious gourmet salad! You knocked it's this one out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! I love to see food presented in artistic ways. The dish may fall apart when you attack it with a knife and fork, but that initial 'ahhh!' when it's presented is so much a part of the dinner experience! This is just an inspired little salad, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic - I think I'd like with rocket ... Sorry arugula too - it looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...