.

.

Monday, August 25, 2014

Maine......

 
What's not to love about the beautiful state of Maine. Lighthouses, beaches, scenic marsh land  and of course lobster. I love everything about Maine. It's easy to see why I think Portland Head Lighthouse is one of the most charming New England destination you can visit.  This is why every summer while visiting my good friend Mary, I make sure we have a visit.  I feel so fortunate to have Mary from Ocean Breezes  and her husband Ron in charge of the sightseeing.  They could have jobs as Maine tour guides.  They know the history of almost every nook and cranny.
An  interesting fact about Portland Head Lighthouse is that it is the most visited, most painted and most photographed of all  lighthouses in New England. Looking at the photo I believe you can see why. I myself take dozen of photos every time I visit.
The very first time I visited the lighthouse it was high tide and the waves were crashing against the rocks.  A heavy fog began rolling in from the open sea and then as though on cue the resonant sound of the fog horn started to blow.  I was in awe.  It is a memory that I remember vividly and treasure still.  Thank you Mary and Ron for another memorable visit to what is now one of my favorite destinations

16 comments:

  1. That's the very reason why a visit to New England is on my list of things to do. Maybe next year ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful setting! I'd love to have a similar experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your picture is absolutely amazing-just gorgeous:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visited Maine in May and it was beautiful. It's been years since I visited. No lighthouse stops on that trip but maybe next time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Maine. The prettiest place on Earth. It's been years since I have visited and I yearn to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have stared at that lighthouse for years. Someday I will see it in person. I think it is one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen, I am so glad you took a picture of it.
    You really are a wonderful photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are very welcome! Let's plan an Autumn visit before the lobster truck closes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely part of the world. Must plan a visit one day. Thanks for the lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh it's just so beautiful... I need to get myself and The Viking invited on your next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The older I get, the more I appreciate the New England coast. Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. I should like to see it in person one day.
    Maybe I'll be a "leaf peeper" and see it in a Fall setting :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah... I'm so glad I live in New England! Aren't we lucky ducks, Susan ???

    ReplyDelete
  13. I visited New England eight Years ago, but I regret we never got to the coast. What a wonderful photograph, maybe one day I'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one of my favorite lighthouses, Susan! I've seen it from both sides--from a ship at sea and on the shore. It was a thrill to touch it! Your photo of it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...