Like everyone else these days, I am in love with kale and eat it when ever I can. This soup has just the right amount of spice from the garlic, heat from the chorizo and creaminess from the white beans. Delicious!
- 1lb. chopped kale, large stems removed
- 3/4 lb. chorizo, casing removed ( its usually 2 links)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 medium red potatoes, diced
- 32 oz. low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. chicken base
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cans cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Add the chicken broth, water, tomatoes, chicken base, drained beans and simmer for 45 minutes. It's ready that quick. Enjoy!