.

.

Friday, February 21, 2014

Have Some Honey.......


Stocking up for the winter on my local cranberry bog honey is a must for me. I LOVE IT.   It not only tastes delicious, it's beneficial to your health.  A tasty health gift so to speak.  Local honey has made a substantial difference in my seasonal allergy symptoms.  The health advantages are tremendous.  Besides helping with allergies it reduces cough and throat irritations, has anti-bacterial and anti fungal properties and is a probiotic.



My favorite way of eating honey is with yogurt, fruit and nuts.  This afternoon though, I had it in tea with cinnamon and lemon.
“The keeping of bees is like the direction of sunbeams.” 
― Henry David Thoreau

12 comments:

  1. I love honey!!! I have never tasted cranberry honey but I bet it is incredible, your photos are just lovely.
    Have a lovely weekend,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love honey my neighbor keeps bees so I always get some from him. so good in tea mmmm I think I need a tea right now.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photographs are exquisite. I may even try some in my tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this looks so inviting! Your photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning, I love honey-especially for allergies and colds but have never heard of Cranberry Bog honey. Is this a certain type in your area? My adult daughters use it for their kiddos and since we all love cranberries, I thought I'd let them know about it.
    Love your photos too!
    Have a great weekend.
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. honey is my favourite thing ever... gorgeous pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! Honey also has medicinal value;) I love it on toast with butter and in my tea! Have a nice weekend! xxleslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tea sounds simple and healthy and tasty - I love anything with cinnamon! My daughter loves Greek yoghurt with honey for breakfast, with either blueberries,bananas or strawberries.
    I have to confess to only liking mildish honey, for some reason I find some honey a bit cloying and sickly.
    I do try and only buy local honey from our village shop, and some of it is delicious! But no cranberry bog honey here sadly - that sounds lovely!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me encanta la miel y sus fotos son maravillosas,abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use organic honey instead of sugar in so many things, I love it. Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...