Recipe adapted from the cookbook Eat More of What You Love by Marlene Koch.
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup 1% milk
3 tbsp. melted butter
1 6 oz. container low fat lemon Greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
Juice from 1 large lemon
1 tbsp. grated lemon zest
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375°F.
2. Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Stir in blueberries and mix well.
3. Whisk together the egg, yogurt, melted butter,vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest in a mixing bowl.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well. Spoon into 12 muffin. cups
5. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
6. Test with a skewer, if the skewer comes out clean, the muffins are done. Remove and cool on the rack.
7. These are best served warm from the oven.