- 3 pints of cherry tomatoes ( I used regular and heirloom cherry tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 18 basil leaves, sliced thin. (Save a little for garnishing or just add another extra hand full)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pancetta diced and fried, to equal about six slices of cooked bacon that has been diced.
- 2 large hand fulls of arugula ( I just reach into the bag and grabbed one hand full, then another)
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1lb. angel hair pasta, cooked and drained well. I saved some of the cooking water and added a little to the pasta, tomatoes and cheese. Maybe between 1/4 of a cup to about 1/2 cup.
Combine the tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, basil,salt and pepper in a large bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit at room temperature for about 4 hours. Just before your 4 hour waiting time is up cook your pasta according to directions or al dente. Drain your pasta and mix with tomatoes in the large bowl. Add the arugula, cheese and pancetta. Top with extra basil and cheese. You are going to love this dish!!!